Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fat-shionistas

Renata Espinosa recently posted a fantastic article in The Daily Beast which included a fantastic slide show of plus size models (click on this picture to see).



Excerpt from Espinosa's Article:

"One of the things that makes me insane is that somehow the fashion industry decided there can only be one fat chick receiving favorable media attention. We're fat, we're not the Highlander. There can be more than one,” says Rhiannon Gammill, an Austin, Texas-based writer who now blogs for Manolo for the Big Girl. “I want the woman who can say ‘This is who I am, you don't have to like me and you don't have approve of me, but I've been to this pony show before and this time I'm getting what I want. I've got one voice, two chins, and more style than should be allowed by law and I'm not apologizing for any of it’ and then, I don't know, puts her cigarette out on her arm.”

CLICK HERE for full article.

Sue Rice has a fantastic collection of flattering Plus Size Swimsuits (including Abigail see below).

No comments:

Post a Comment