Monday, July 6, 2009

What is happening to bra sizes?


Have you noticed that lately, bra sizing has taken on a life of it's own. Suddenly, what used to be called a DD cup can now be referred to as an F,E or DDD, and an E cup can now be a G, H, I or J.

What could be more confusing?

When I started designing swimwear some 25 years ago, DD seemed to be the largest bust size in existence. Maybe I just didn't notice because I was a mere B cup and DD's weren't yet on my design agenda.

Since then I have fitted thousands of women of all shapes and sizes. Up until only a few years ago,E cup was the largest size I encountered with the exception of one woman who I'll call Milly, who came to me in great distress because she couldn't find a swimsuit to fit her breast size. She'd only found one bra to fit her which was a "G" cup. She had the largest bosom I had ever seen and to this day, she still wins the prize.

My point is that nowadays, I encounter women on a daily basis that say they are F's, G's and even J cups and they aren't as big as Milly was. Somewhere along the line, cup sizes have gone haywire. Breasts have NOT suddenly increased in size! Only the names of the size.....
Click here to read the full article

No comments:

Post a Comment